Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New! Fresh!

Yes, this is a new year...a new beginning. There's a "freshness" in the air!
BUT...I seem to be drowning in all the "old junk"...for the moment.  Things are not yet back in place.
There are stacks and stacks of papers, books, mail, etc. in two rooms and if I focus on that I am totally overwhelmed. My "office/gym" is one of those rooms and I feel as if I'm working very hard to even"tread" water when I enter.

Ok...focus, Debbie. Take it one step at a time...one "pile" but also keep in mind the goal...a clean, organized place where "dreams, plans, and enjoyable living" can take place. Focus is key!
Hebrews 12:1-2..."let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus..."
Eyes on the prize! Eyes on what we are aiming for! Philippians 3:12-14...for goodness sakes! :)
"...forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, ...press toward the goal for the prize..."
As a believer and follower of Jesus, He is the Prize. Doing things, living the way He lives so that He can be seen in us...really seen!

A song that we sing sometimes says, "I'm not going back. I'm moving ahead. I'm here to declare to you, my past is over! In You all things are made new. Surrendered my life to Christ. I'm moving...moving forward!"
Forget the past! Forget how you messed up. He makes all things new.

Yes! I'm moving forward...through all the junk and tossing it on the way! I'm pressing on to the prize!
One of the "prizes" is a clean, well-organized home and a healthier lifestyle!

Here's to moving on, moving forward! Cheers!

2 comments:

Cindy Keiger said...

You're so right, Debbie! A new year is here, but the old wants to hang on and keep our attention :-) So glad we have a loving God who understands us and helps us step by step. Happy New Year!!

Granggie said...

Amen to that Cindy!