Friday, May 24, 2013

Oh what a beautiful morning!

Heading back to the porch for some Word time. Am so blessed to have this private sanctuary surrounded by God's beautiful handiwork. Engulfed in His Presence...it's as if time stands still.
Such a holiness pervades and I am refreshed and strengthened. In His presence is fullness of joy! (Psalm 16:11)

How am I working on making my life more about Him? Glad you asked! I took my coffee to the porch and sat and just spoke with Him. I asked Him what He wanted me to do today. He knows that as a woman, a wife, a mother and a grandmother, a friend, a sister, that I have certain responsibilities and He knows I need to take care of those. Even though I have plans....housework, laundry, etc. I've given Him permission to mess up my plans! It's all about Him and what He wants! It isn't about me at all.

Someone once shared a story about Queen Elizabeth the 1st. She wanted one of her subjects to do something for her that would require much of his time and leaving the country. He told her he could not leave his business. She said to him, "Sir, if you take care of my business, I will take care of yours."  You know, that's just the way God is! If we take care of His business, He will certainly take care of ours!

That sure takes the load off of us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful words and thoughts.