Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Evening Serenade

Candlelight....tealight....and our own private serenade...

We sat on the porch tonight enjoying quiet conversation, the glow of candlelight
and a symphony performed by tree frogs, cicadas and various other winged creatures.

On the edge of our woods, with our neighbor's light breaking through, several deer passed, continuing their nightly trek between our houses. They had been in our backyard several times today- morning and afternoon.

Such a magical, holy night..."This is my Father's world and to my listening ear all nature sings and 'round me rings the music of the spheres".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes I think I'm married to a Miss Marple with a little Holmes thrown in (along with some Chan, Felse and Brother Cadfael) and then she writes like this and a little philosopher gets mixed in.