Thursday, November 25, 2010

In search of....

"Merry Christmas" lights!

Mike and I are relatively normal people...but when it comes to Christmas lights, we are anything but !
Believe it or not we've been out two nights in search of Christmas lights...ALREADY!
And guess what! We found some! Both nights!
Four homes in our neighborhood are pretty much decorated including ours but we're the only one lit up tonight. We finish ours tomorrow after I find some fresh wreaths to hang and do the bannisters on the porches and the garlands over the doors.
It has been so nice to be able to just sit near the tree, listening to Christmas music and get caught up in the "magic" of it all. Actually it's more like a holiness that engulfs me and I just sit and meditate on the goodness of God and His gift of Jesus to us! Such peace surrounds me and I get that "warm fuzzy' feeling that only He can give. Ahhhh....selah....

So...our "Christmas light adventurings" have begun! It's the "most wonderful time of the year"!

No comments: