Friday, November 19, 2010

"Now Thank We All Our God"


"Now thank we all our God with heart and hands and voices, Who wondrous things hath done,
In Whom His world rejoices; Who, from our mothers' arms, hath blessed us on our way with countless gifts of love, and still is ours today.
All praise and thanks to God, the Father now be given, the Son and Him Who reigns with them in highest heaven, The One eternal God, Whom earth and heaven adore; For thus it was, is now, and shall be evermore."
I grew up singing this as a child. Matter of fact, I think I knew most of the hymns in the old Methodist hymnal simply because I had grandmothers who sang them to me...over and over through the years. Even today some of those old hymns still have such an anointing on them...
words of life and sometimes they rise up within me and I find myself singing them once more.
Still have that 1939 old black Methodist hymnal, from Wesley Heights Methodist Church. It's one of my treasures.

No comments: