Friday, February 10, 2012

A Dog's Purpose

Here is Charlotte at her class. Our instructer, Amy, took her picture. To us she is just too "stinkin" cute!
(Oh I know we are quite prejudiced! )

Then my friend sent me an e-mail this morning entitled "The purpose of a dog!"
Oh my....it was incredibly sweet and so true. I can't put it all down but wanted to share a few things.
It was supposedly written by a Veterinarian who had to put a 10 year old Irish Wolfhound to sleep.
The family's 6 year old son was present and the boy gently petted his friend during the procedure.
The boy seemed to accept his friend's death calmly. They all sat together sharing about animals not living as long as humans and the boy said he knew why.
This is the wisdom that came out of his mouth.

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life--like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right? Well dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

No comments: