Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Old Swing


The old swing used to sit on the old deck but now resides in the sideyard under an Oak tree.
I spent many hours in this old swing over some years. Some of my best "thinking" was done in it.
It came from Wal-Mart and wasn't very expensive and we have more than gotten our money's worth out of it. Actually, to me, this old swing is priceless. All the prayers, all the visits with dear friends and family, all the "talks" with the Lord, meditations on His Word, the good books I read-
make this a priceless sanctuary. Miss Darcy even "sits" in my lap in this old swing.
I spent some time this morning in it rather than on the porch and it was awfully hard to leave.
Prayed and just spoke with the Father thanking Him for the opportunity to "come away" and bask in creation. Miss Darcy joined me, trying to get my coffee, (she loves coffee!) and ended up in my lap or she thought she was even though it was just one of her "hips" that found my lap and I loved it!
What a wonderful way to begin the day!

No comments: