Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yearning...

This morning I awoke with a yearning...a yearning for a more simple life.
These past few days I've put my mind to thoughts of why I'm feeling this way.
Too much stuff...too much television- yes one can "overdose" on Hallmark movies! And too little exercise, too little eating healthier, ahhh, and too little time in the Word that gives us life!

Then this morning I came upstairs to my "office" and found a Proverbs 31 devotional on my computer.
The title, "An Overloaded Life" caught my eye! It really spoke to me...a real eye-opener...hmmmm
One statement has set my mind whirring..."My responsibilities outweighed my capacity to manage them."  WHOA!
This just doesn't mean everything we're "doing"...running here and there...having kids in every sport, tackling every project that comes our way, it also means that we can have too much stuff...things, possessions, etc. Think I'm going to be doing some soul-searching during these last days of this year and begin to simplify...what do we need, what are we using, etc.

Oh, and check out the devotional on the Proverbs 31 website for today! Glynnis Whitwer wrote it.

No comments: