Monday, April 11, 2011

Jesus...

"At the cross I bow my knee, where Your Blood was shed for me. There's no greater love than this. You have overcome the grave. Your glory fills the highest place. What can separate me now? You tore the veil! You made a way when You said that 'it is done!' " This song has been "singing" inside me all morning. How I love thinking about all that Jesus did for us, what we now have because of Him. That veil was literally the curtain that separated the Holy of Holies...the place of God's Presence, where only a priest could enter once a year to offer sacrifice. When Jesus declared that "IT IS FINISHED!", that veil, a heavy curtain, was torn from the top to the bottom, forever giving us entrance into the throne room of Almighty God! And we can now come, every day, every minute, etc. boldly into that throne room simply because we are covered in the precious blood of Jesus! We no longer need a priest to go on our behalf. Now we can have that intimate relationship with the Holy God, the Creator of the Universe! Selah!

No comments: