Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I must admit...I did get up early to watch and I watched the service...twice!
The church was beautifully and simply decorated. The trees made it so special.
The music was lovely, creating a holy ambience but the highlight for me was the
reading/reciting of parts of Romans 12. It really stirred me and I thought as he spoke...
"here is the pure Word of God...it's going forth and will not return void" and I found myself praying for the royal couple, the families, all the people that were there...praying that the Word would take root in their hearts...that they would hear and that revival fire would be birthed in Prince William and Kate and spread throughout their kingdom and the world.
It is a timely Word indeed...a timely Word for us all!

"I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Do not be comformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
For by the grace given to me I bid everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think...
Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; love one another with brotherly affection; outdo one another in showing honor....Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly; never be conceited.
Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.
If possible, so far as it depends upon you, live peaceably with all.
Do not be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good."
Romans 12 RSV

Oh would this Word take root in our hearts!
What a difference we would make!

No comments: