Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

My mother was one of the reasons my childhood was so great!
She was and is a fun person to be around. She could go to another state and see someone she knew or meet someone new but like they had been old friends!
So many memories...sewing our play clothes, curling our hair, cutting me bangs the night before my first grade picture, leaving me with sprigs!
Putting on our babydoll pjs with pillow and blanket in hand and going to the drive-in, in the summers, on our vacations, every sign she saw had a song and she sang her way to NY and FL.
Use to drive us nuts but guess what...we all do it today!
Just a lot of love in our home and everyone wanted to hang out at our house.
My mom and dad made many sacrifices for us girls and never complained and we realized it and greatly appreciated it.
I thank God that He gave me my mom! She's a blessing!

No comments: