Thursday, February 4, 2010

One More Time for now...

Tonight is book club night and we will be discussing The Scent of Water.
Could be a really good discussion!

Now for one last quote...at least for the time being.

"Appleshaw even more than most country places has the scent of water in its air."
"The scent of water?" asked Mary.
"I don't mean that literally. 'For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout
again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.' There's one thing blindness did for me, gave me a braille Bible.
...If I'd kept my sight I'd never read the Bible as I have,..."
"What is the scent of water?"
"Renewal. The goodness of God coming down like dew."

This quote about the tree comes from the book of Job.

I have an example of this very quote right outside our window. We had a Bradford pear tree cut down because it got damaged in a storm. The stump is there and also..."boughs like a plant".

Life coming out of death...
Jesus dying on the cross and raising from the dead unto LIFE so that we could live...
We were dead in our trespasses but when we accepted Him, were made alive...
"Living water!" Renewal...new life...

This is the scent of water.

No comments: