Monday, February 1, 2010

The Scent of Water

I have finished reading the book...
but the book isn't finished with me.

It has stirred so many emotions, evoked so many thoughts that go to the very depths of my being...into my soul.

I'm finding it very difficult to put it down for I want to pick it up and read it all over again.

It stirs me...it soothes me...it wraps around me bringing me to a place of security,
actually to THE place of security which is Christ.

One can identify with most of the characters for there are parts of them in each of us.
How utterly satisfying to see so many of them come to and grow into the reality of God
and His precious love for each of them....for us.

How beautiful....

1 comment:

Rsymphony said...

Elizabeth Goudge has spoiled me from reading any other author for now. I tend to stay with the light and happy novels with a little bit of depth but I’m finding myself longing to read all her books. They have such depth and truth interwoven with beauty and I simply can’t turn away!