Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Why are we here?

Oswald Chambers
My Utmost For His Highest
Feb. 15

I read this the other day and it really grabbed me. I keep reading it and "chewing" on its truth.

These passages have been eye-opening!

"None of us liveth to himself." Romans 14:7
"Has it ever dawned on you that you are responsible for other souls spiritually before God?"

"For instance, if I allow any private deflection from God in my life, everyone about me suffers."
(deflection-turning aside, deviating)

"When once you allow physical selfishness, mental slovenliness, moral obtuseness, spiritual density, everyone belonging to your crowd will suffer."

"God has left us on this earth-for what? To be saved and sanctified?
No, to be at it for Him."

We are here for Him...working for Him. It's not "all about me" but it IS ALL about Him.

When I become lazy in my spiritual life, selfish, dull in moral perception----"de-sensitized",
everyone around me suffers...my family, friends, co-workers.

WHOA! What? Am I my brother's keeper?

Most certainly!

Go to the place where you meet with God. Lay down your pride and allow Him to search you and He will cover you in His unfailing love.
I know...I was just there.

No comments: