Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Words of Wisdom

Was reading this morning in the Message Bible in the book of Proverbs.
Here are some Words of wisdom that "grabbed" me......

"The road to life is a disciplined life,
ignore correction and you're lost for good." Prov. 10:17

"God is solid backing to a well-lived life,
but He calls into question a shabby performance." Prov. 10:29

"shabby performance", to me is doing something half-way...just enough to get by.
Oh, I've been guilty of this before...start something, don't finish, leave things undone...
or have a bad attitude about the task at hand and allow that to influence my performance.
Time to grow up! :)

What ever I do, I need to do my best "At it"!

"If you love learning, you love the discipline that goes with it-
how short-sighted to refuse correction." Prov. 12:1

It seems today that as people we don't want correction. We have an excuse for everything...
usually blaming others, our past, etc.
Time to grow up! Time to take responsibility for our actions!

I admit...correction doesn't usually make one "feel" good at the moment, but when you've received it and acted on it...wow!

Example for me....am on Day 5 of healthy eating to reduce weight and am doing well!!!
Have lost 2 & 1/2 pounds and have a "good attitude" !!! Wow! I'm growing up!!!! :)

No comments: