Thursday, March 10, 2011

March!

Well March seems to be living up to her reputation! We've had several days of wind. In fact one of our trees on our porch has spent more time on its side leaning into the fern rather than upright as it should.
March also brings many family birthdays...our Anna, my Nannan, our Emma and my Mom, a nephew Blake, a niece Allison and Anna and Dan's anniversary, which is today! Happy 10th!
Thinking of our nephew, Blake, always reminds me of our first real encounter. He was a newborn just home from the hospital...the first grandchild for my parents! How I loved being around him!
I went to change his diaper with the help of his Father and I knew I needed to also clean his cute little belly button. I was attempting to get some alcohol on a Q-tip by tipping the bottle toward me and I found myself a bit wet. I thought I had spilled the alcohol on myself and my brother-in-law was laughing and then I realized my precious little nephew had "christened" me!
Needless to say, I learned a very important lesson about baby boys that day!

No comments: