Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Afternoon slumber...ummmm

It was a dark and rainy afternoon. (wait, did I say rainy? Praise the Lord!)
I was sitting on the porch listening to the rain and reading and actually got chilly. (got chilly? Yippee!)
Then came a few yawns and I thought to myself..."What a perfect afternoon for a little slumbering."
I climbed the stairs, crawled into bed, covered up and drifted into a sweet, restful sleep.
What a lovely hour...ummm, so lovely I didn't want to open my eyes and admit the nap was over
but alas I succombed to the reality that "grands" would be here in less than an hour and roused myself, only to discover it was still raining! (hallelujah!)
It will be a Chick-Fil-A supper for the six of us then onto Harris Teeter to let them pick out some snacks and me a few groceries then home for a movie, crafts, games, etc.
I'm sure after our evening we'll be ready for more sweet slumber!

No comments: