Monday, August 2, 2010

Countdown to Autumn!


Whenever August arrives, I think of Fall! I love Fall with her earthy colors, smells and sounds!

We can hear the football game announcer and the cheers and the bands but only if we step outside in the front or side yard. Fall football...tradition!


I always decorate for Fall the last week of August. Fall garlands, flowers, candles, flag, mailbox cover, gorgeous leaves, pumpkins, acorns, etc. bedeck our "comfy" home adding to it's"homeyness"! LOVE IT!


Found my mind going to Autumn and then all of a sudden to Thanksgiving, thinking of my sister-in-law Cheryl and her husband and family in Florida. We usually see them around Thanksgiving (and other times during the year). They now have a grandson, Parker-don't you just love that name! In an e-mail to her I was telling her that she needed to begin some new family traditions as her family is growing. There's something about having your kids and grandkids "gracing" your home for the holidays. There's nothing like it!

Can hardly wait to hear about her new traditions. So much fun sharing ideas!
A changing leaf says to me..."the promise of Fall"...she's on her way!

No comments: