Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Messages"

I so enjoy a movie that's "more" than a movie; a movie with a "message", one that tugs at your heart, gets the "little gray cells" churning...one that leaves you "better" as you ponder its truths and examine yourself.

The new Alice in Wonderland did this to me...twice, for I have seen it twice and want to see it again. I admit I was a bit leery since it was a Tim Burton film but I do like the antics of Johnny Depp! Some friends recommended it and on that we bought it and I am so glad we did!

I would not recommend it for young children as it's a bit "dark" at times but it certainly is a good one to watch with older ones and discuss.

Certain scenes really grabbed me..."she's the wrong Alice"..."you're 'hardly' Alice"..."you've lost your 'muchness'..."
Sometimes the "cares of this world" choke out who we really are, steal our very life. We lose faith, our zeal, the "child-likeness" we were meant to always have. We lose our "muchness".
The good thing about all this is that we can get it back! How? you ask me.
Find the "Giver of Life". Only He can lead the way back to "muchness"!

No comments: