Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First time in...

30 years that there is no pet in the Woods household. That's really sad to me.
I am, however, surrounded by my faithful bobblehead dog, Rusty and my cows but it's just not the same!
They are too quiet and there is no affection, no warmth.
I have been having puppy dreams...
puppies, people walking dogs, and then last night all these puppies were outside our house and some had gotten inside. I was trying to take their pictures and then I woke up.
Mike would have said it was a nightmare.
Hopefully one day another loving, faithful dog will abide in our home...a small one that can sit in my lap and Mike's and just love being with us.
But for now I will just wait.
Hopefully not too long but in all fairness to Mike, who tolerated all the animals we've had for almost 37 years...(I brought a cat into our marriage), I need to wait until he's ready and then it will be his idea and not just mine!
Hey, maybe one like Father Tim's who responds to scripture but don't want him or her to be the size of a Buick!
Leave you with these thoughts....
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring- it was peace." Milan Kundera
"Dogs never lie about love." Jeffrey Masson
Sure am missing you, Miss Darcy! But I am SO glad we had your love!

No comments: