Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Husband! Bless him!

Bless Mike! He has said that I can have an indoor dog! He said because he loved me dearly, he was putting aside his "druthers" and would let me have a dog. He's amazing!
Now comes the choice...I am leaning towards one like Oscar here, Christian's dog. He is adorable!
And there is a litter that will be ready the first week of November. They don't shed and are hypoallergenic. The wired long-haired mini dachshunds are more laid back and love children.
Oscar is great with the Grands and with other dogs. IF I do get one I will name him Mr. Bingley and call him "Mr. B" for short.
Whatever I get I have promised to train and do classes with them. All you who read my blog, please hold me accountable! I've never been very good at this except training our Collie to "use" the woods rather than our yard. Well that was something at least.
I have missed Darcy so much and have felt such an emptiness. Today when Mike said I could get another dog, I have felt lighter and happier. I am so excited!
Don't know what or when for sure but just know that it's coming! :)
Oh happy day!

3 comments:

Rsymphony said...

Yay! Daddy rocks :)

Cindy Keiger said...

Your writing is so sweet, so calm & peaceful! I was sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, but how exciting to know you will have another lap warmer one day soon! One never takes the place of another, but it helps fill the empty space. Thank you for your beautiful thoughts and photos. These days are definitely meant to get outside and enjoy! Hugs!!

AshestoBeauty said...

Love this post Debbie..."Mr. B" how adorable! I can picture him now snuggled up in your lap as you study the Word and sip your latte! So happy and excited for you (and Mike!)
Angela