Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Simple treats and pleasures!

Okay...I know what you're thinking. Here she goes with those blasted windows...again!
Well.....sort of...just humor me, okay?
This morning I got up and unlocked the doors and went out on the screened porch. CHILLY!
57 degrees! WooHoo!!!! Got my hot coffee in my Alice Jules mug and had to grab a hoodie!
Even turned on the "fire" and had the fountain bubbling. (can it get much better than this??)
Then I realized that I could OPEN the windows!!!!! This may seem like a"nothing" to you but it's a "something" to me. First of all, I've never been able to open too many windows in our house in quite a while. Old windows, old screens with a few holes here and there and windows that wouldn't even open. NOT anymore! Oh what a treat for me! I went about opening windows all over the house and bringing the outside in! Now I walk around and here the birds, the insects...even car and school bus sounds. I'm loving it! Oh this cooler morning has really brought out the "child" in me!
Even having thoughts of baking some Galas and Granny Smiths with cinnamon, Stevia and a bit of butter! Hmmmm....am getting a whiff of them already!
Welcome Fall!!!! Welcome!

2 comments:

bonniebelle said...

It really is the simple joys that make life worth living! Enjoy your windows!

Granggie said...

You are so right, Bonnie!!! :)